Dec 1, 2009

{Frustrations & Questions}

So nothing seems to be going right for me lately and when I say nothing I mean nothing! lol. I am trying to go to college and everything just seems to be a big flop lately for me. Originally the plan was to pack up and move an go to Delta in Saginaw, but I don not foresee that happening as we do not have the finances to move that far before January.

I have now started to research online college which seems like a great option but I feel as though I am being pushed and pulled in every direction possible by everyone around me! Ed (my fiance) wants to stay here because everything he knows is where we live right now. Even though he told me if we absolutely have to move we can do so, but I can definitely feel the pressure to go to online college from him.

Then I have the parents telling me I should move right away and go to college in lower Michigan, but without the money to move just how do you do that? They say "Just Do It", but how do you do anything without having a plan? That is my question. I do not like doing anything without a plan and I just don't see this happening.

I have researched a few online colleges one being Full Sail, seems like an awesome school for what I am going for {Web Development} . You get a Mac Book Pro all the software you need like Photoshop CS4 and all the works that you get to keep for LIFE, and they seem to have a really in-depth program for web development, but that comes with a pretty hefty price. Like $53,000 or more for a bachelors degree. Seems very intriguing but can I afford it?

I also have just looked at Baker College which offers a certificate, associates, and bachelors degree it seems like a great school , but doesn't offer any of what Full Sail offers in the cost of the tuition or seem like the have a really in-depth web development program , but is a lot less expensive to go there, and what is nice about them is they are located right in lower Michigan so if I ever decide I wanted to transfer to a campus, I can very easily do that as well as get my associates degree and continue my education if I feel the need to at a later date.

This all just seems so complicated, frustrating, and to top it off I do feel the stress of what everyone wants me to do and what they think is best for me, but shouldn't I only know what is truly best for me?

2 comments:

Heather {Butterflygirlms} said...

The only advice I can give you is, go with your OWN intuition, look inside yourself and find the answer that is the best for you and your family (meaning your kidos & fiance, not your parents).

Krista said...

Thank you so much for this advice Heather :)

Post a Comment