Dec 19, 2009

My Brain Hurts

Wow so my brain really hurts right now I don't even want to think of anything right now lol. I went out to ed's uncle Joe's today to make my assessment tests for college so they can determine what classes I need to  be placed in and boy oh boy was I reminded how long I have been out of school! Let's just say WAY TO LONG. For those that don't know I dropped out of school when I was 16 because I was really sick while I was pregnant with Ashton and then I had Jadyn not long after Ashton.

Well anyway I went back to school when I was 19 and got my GED well ALOT of the questions on these test I was never taught and it has also been a little bit over a year since I got my GED so with almost every test I was racking my brains out, and thinking wow I should have just finished high school and when I was in high school I just screwed around and didn't learn much. Having my kids really made me grow up and get a reality check but wow I wish I would have known this ummmm like when I was 13, 14, 15 etc... but I guess as I always say and  have to remind myself sometimes "no regrets just lessons learned." Even though things have been harder and are still can be harder I love my kids and would never take them back, but when your parents tell you you need to finish school and harp on you a bit this is for a GOOD reason lol you may not think so now but believe it or not it is TRUE, but every time I get down and think I can't do this I just remind myself how bad I really want this and the reward in the end that seems to be a great motivator for me. Because honestly I was never a really motivated, on time person that liked school lol, but now that I have found something I like I guess it really gives me the motivation that I have always needed. Well I guess those are my thoughts for the day :)

4 comments:

Dreams Do Come True said...

Glad you went back and got your GED...
My Blog

Crystal said...

You may have gotten pregnant at a young age but you are a great mom and the babys dad (my bro) stuck around and thats great. Delayed gratification is not a bad thing.. eventually you will get your degree and it will pay off! Look forward to the future and the great things it holds. Everyday that you get down, ask your self WHY are you doing this.. for your kids, to ensure your future, whatever it may be.. and that will help you reach your dream! :D

Sara Strand said...

I absolutely love your blog! I have two kids, (Olivia age 4 and Jackson, 20 months) scrapbook, and feel like I'm being dragged ass backwards through bushes every day but wouldn't change a thing! :)

Heather said...

Wishing you luck with your testing and future classes!

Post a Comment