Dec 17, 2009

Please Pray for Shellie

So this was not going to be my post today but as I was getting ready to post I come across another blog about Shellie. Shellie  lost her 2.5 old son on Monday, she had  found him lying in the bottom of the family pool.He was the same age as my little man, I can not imagine loosing a child and what she is going through. It is absolutely heart breaking to hear this even though I do not know Shellie it makes me tear up to even think of this happening to anyone, but apparently I read over at The Young Mama Blog , that not everyone feels this way. Shellie had  posted to her twitter { military_mom } asking for prayers for her son as he was taken to the hospital, and this was the response she had gotten from some people.

@military_mom 's fault for not keeping an eye on her son while he was next to the pool. she was to busy with twitter i guess. R.I.P kid

Someone else wrote this

2 yr old boy drowned,i investigated,distracted by twitpic'in her pets?!didn't pay attention to son.twitter is evil,distracts from priorities

I can not believe that someone would say this when a mom looses a child.Especially right to the mother. That to me is completely uncalled for and as if she is not going through enough as it is! If all you can think to say is something like above then I personally think your mouth needs to stay closed! Loosing a child is any mothers worst nightmare and no one needs to add more to it, and if you don't really  know her and were not there then who are you to judge?

Those are my thoughts and I am praying for Shellie and her family. If you would like to find out how you can help click here

1 comments:

Sam said...

wow that is horrible! some people are just cruel. That is so terrible and I hope she is able to ignore mean comments like that and know there are people, even strangers like me, keeping her in our thoughts. So sad.

Post a Comment