Dec 2, 2009

The Simple Things In Life...

One thing I have learned after have two children are to appreciate the simple things in life and to take time out for myself. Which yes can be hard between feeding the kids, bathing the kids, dressing the kids, running errands, being a taxi, working, feeding the dog, walking the dog and if you are a mom you know the list does not end there.

There are so many things that need to be done during the day, but when you do get the time to relax, find yourself, and slow down a bit you really appreciate it.

A few simple things that I appreciate and enjoy doing that make me feel great and refreshed are

1. Showering (alone)
2. Shopping (alone)
3. Going to the Cafe
4. Getting a Haircut
5. Tanning
6. Getting a new outfit
7. Putting my makeup on for the day

Now I am sure that all moms have there own "things" they like to do that is relaxing or makes them feel great. These are just a few of my "simple" things in life after becoming a mom that I have learned to appreciate ( for example: being able to shower by myself) or like to do that helps refresh me and feel good about myself (for example : actually doing my makeup for the day and not just thinking about it).

When you sit down and think about what makes you happy after you become a mother you realize how simple all of these things are yet how important they are to being a great mom.

Yet sometimes we forget how important it is to do these simple things that let us slow down, relax and make us who we are.

I guess this post came to me after the other day when I got a haircut and had not taken the time to do this in over a year, but after it was all done I felt so great like a whole new person. Yeah I know it is just a hair cut, but for me it was a confidence booster, it was relaxing, and I enjoyed chatting with the hairstylist and taking a time out for me (something that I do not do often) but have learned that I need to start doing.

I feel that all moms should have one day a week, month etc... whichever you feel is best for you to do one thing that you enjoy doing or have been wanting to do.

So with this post I am now curious as to what other moms enjoy doing for themselves or what they find relaxing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment